7.3.05

On perspectives...

Robert Fisk's latest article: Is Lebanon walking into another nightmare? I haven't read it, but I'm afraid of what he might have to say. Because I've got more and more of a bad feeling about how things are developing. I haven't seen any of his stuff on robert-fisk.com in over a couple weeks. If anybody finds his last two articles, please direct me to it.

Many Arabic peoples expect the worst so that if something bad happens, we will not be surprised. Of course, it's best to have a more hope. Unfortunately, it's made more difficult if you're cursed with knowledge of history. Arabic peoples are the most manipulated people on the planet. At the same time, we're the most quarrelsome with ourselves.

Another thing: The oil is our curse. And if I could wish it to disappear beneath our lands, I would. We would all be living better lives now if there never was the oil.

Right now, I've got a bad feeling about Lebanon. As recently as three days ago, I felt positive about it. But something is wrong right now. And I've felt that for the past couple days...like there's a cloud-storm gathering above it. I could excuse it as the uncertainty of the political situation. But I feel a sort of deja-vuey forboding thing going on.

I hope I'm wrong. I really do.

0 comments:

Blog Archive