07:17 | Posted by liminal | Edit Post
"So what should we expect in a second term?
A squeeze on North Korea The hawks have been impatient with what they see as the coddling of North Korea, and unless there is progress soon, there will be a push to get tougher and apply sanctions.
A continued embrace of Ariel Sharon With Mr. Powell out, there will be no one in the administration pushing Mr. Bush toward a more balanced policy. Tony Blair will try, but he's too far away.
A collision with Iran When Iran's new agreement with Europe on curbing its nuclear programs falls apart, the U.S. will resume its push for regime change in Iran (ironically, pushing for regime change in Iran and Cuba is what keeps those regimes in power). Then the U.S. will discuss whether to look the other way as Israel launches airstrikes on Iranian nuclear sites.
Dithering on Darfur Mr. Powell traveled to Darfur, proclaimed the slaughter there to be genocide and quietly pushed within the administration to get some action. I wish he had done much more, but, by contrast, the White House has been lackadaisical.
A litmus test of foreign policy prospects will be whether John Bolton, a genial raptor among the doves at State, is promoted to be its deputy secretary. For liberals who have been wavering on whether to move to New Zealand, that would be a sign to head for the airport."
Duly noted, Dr. Kristof...adding to the chorus of educated individuals like Dr. Juan Cole that are speaking up about Bush as a revolutionary.
The Bush Revolution
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (509)
- Ass Kiss Tour '04
- NO S - H - I , that's IT! you premadonna retards ...
- F - U - C, not OK: Rwanda announces invasion of Co...
- Mayhem in Iraq
- The argument for and against troops staying in Ira...
- Juan Cole writes, The London Times reports that...
- DEPT OF WTF
- Iraqi public opinion
- This is getting so absurd. It's not surprising, t...
- I like this. COUP 2K-Lumpen
- Juan Cole trying to be smeared by MEMRI
- Divide and Conquer
- newkular family
- networked_performance: multi-disciplinary research...
- Achtung! Blog about Media Law
- babble: http://www.robert-fisk.com is down!
- Zarqawi in Kirkuk? WTF!
- 25,000 US Casualties???
- I seem to have gotten a rise out of some because I...
- 'Stunning' LACK OF SANITY in Falluja
- Abu Ghraib prisoner abuse - A Wikipedia Production...
- Thanks Abu Khaleel. This is Disgruntled Americans...
- For Africa
- Dr. Cole Explains, Describes Reactions- Why All T...
- U.S. should probe itself for some sense of humani...
- Where is the good news now Mr. President?
- International Committee of the Red Cross calls for...
- I feel exactly the same as Abu Khaleel. So, no ne...
- Why embedded journalists are being taken for a rid...
- shot up bus
- A handy Daily Show Video Archive keeps the soul al...
- Tanks on the Streets in LA
- Violence spreading
- Here comes the legislative bulldozer...watch out p...
- Wave of Sadness Washes Over Me
- Iraq Dispatches: More from Dahr Jamail, one of the...
- Amidst the Madness, We have a story of comfort and...
- Kristof: The Bush Revolution
- Cartlinear Map
- More on my day's reaction to Ms. Margaret Hassan's...
- Goss: No Critical Thinking Allowed
- AN OUTRAGE
- Welcome to America, Where We Keep Our Electorate D...
- Khalil Ibrahim, an eyewitness in Fallujah...still ...
- Abu Laith, an eyewitness in Fallujah
- CIA in Turmoil: The New Boss is Meeting Resistence...
- GRRRRRRR....LEAVE US ALONE!!! BASTARDS! WHAT???....
- on a lighter note... or is it? Historically, meta...
- Snowballs or Rocks...
- Stop Killing Us. You are them. I am Liminal. He...
- Catch Iraq, It's Falling
- My cousin was kidnapped
- No more excuses
- Yasir Arafat dead?
- Fadhil Badrani in Fallujah: 'Watching tragedy engu...
- Meandering mind keeps me up at night
- Fallujah and Independent Media:Western journalists...
- A must read report from the frontlines of the insu...
- Abbas Kadhim on the News Hour with Jim Lehrer 8 No...
- Inside the cotton is hidden a needle.
- Church Bombings in Baghdad
- America: Ideals versus Privilege
- The Pentagon is Giving New Meaning to "Vote or Die...
- William Gibson on Falloojah: 'If American milit...
- What's this? Sources say? What sources??? So...
- Falloojah: April 2004 vs. Today
- Abu Khaleel fills in the enormous gap existing in ...
- In today's London Independent: This assault on Fal...
- Three Options: Which shall you choose?
- Iraqi Voice, Abu Talat speaks about Martial Law
- Screams heard
- What ever happened to the separation of church and...
- Iraq declares state of emergency
- One of the few independent journalists remaining w...
- or this version Not A Dollarshort: Canada 2....
- I agree to a great extent with what Greg writes he...
- 1856 vs. TodayAntigeist: The more things change, t...
- Iraq = War Crime
- The coming act of razing Falloojah is the delibera...
- Abu Ghraib and Iraqi Prisons
- Fear ruled the day and shall reign the next four y...
- Not like it's a big deal, but Kerry won...say huh?...
- Ah yes, the men with no future in Iraq that are go...
- Radical dude
- Levine, "We're all Israelis Now"...indeed, well pu...
- Powell Believes U.S. is Losing Iraq War
- Will the President talk about the Lancet and 100,0...
- Vote or Diebold
- Good news? Who will their replacements be?
- Arundhati Roy on justice and human rights
- What mandate?
- fear, intolerance, ignorance, religion = four more...
- The wicked alliance formed through fear, ignorance...
- Four more wars
- ▼ November (108)
- Korea Life Blog
- Academic Secret
- African Food Blog
- Genius Duck
- Second String Swap
- Work at Home News
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Chiefly Musing Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Health Talk and You
- Saints Car Club
- Moon Rider
- Super Pong
- Jeffrey Scott Band
- Fusion Recipes
- Oregon Lawyers
- Rent Empress
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fan Club
- Hurdler Page
- Johnny Bravo Site
- Survey Land
- Internet Data
- Film Acting
- Golden Girls Quotes
- Soda Traders
- The Chess Haven
- Integrity Library
- A&F Models
- Dancer's Domain
- Myanmar Institute of Technology
- Pilgrim's Products
- Redhead Hair Site
- Olympics Page