19.1.05

Simple

If life was overall better for my family and friends in Iraq today than it was during Saddam's time, I would be Pro-Invasion even though I didn't ever support the war. But it isn't. So, it's simple for me really. The situation is deteriorating by the day and there doesn't seem to be much hope right now. Let me be frank.

I keep my family's well-being separate from politics believe it or not.

The problem when looking at the big picture is and was that there were a set of reasons given to sway public opinion in favor of invading that were completely bogus. And there were another set of real reasons, which Slavoj Zizek does a great job pointing out in his Iraq, the borrowed kettle. You can read the first few pages of this important book here.

I'm growing disinterested in hearing stale opinions. I'm disinterested in bickering academics in their cocoons of their bullshit words as much as I'm disinterested in hearing or seeing anybody on the tele or internet from the Bush administration. If people are not willing to see mental slavery everywhere (even on the left!) during this time of corporate media and government and that fascism is built into the very biophysical structure of both humans and earth (which compose nature), then they are mongoloids. Take the tsunami...

Catastrophe is built-in to the framework of the earth whether you like it or not. First, of course I'm for the Kyoto Protocol. And of course, I said their was ecological foreshadowing in the event. But we have tsunamis occuring all over the world every day and nobody says a damn word. How many tsunamis happened in Rwanda in the mid-90s before somebody even lifted a finger to help the people there? Was it 5? or 10? I think it was closer to 10. [actually closer to 5 with the new number at 212,000...yeah I do body counts]

WHEN IS IT WHEN PEOPLE WILL REALIZE HUMANS ARE A PART OF NATURE and NOT SEPARATE FROM IT?

That's the question I ask today. It is the mongoloidic-logic of saying you are saving somebody by killing them that still takes the cake for me. It is this logic which understands humans as not being part of nature that I abhor.

I know I need to clarify things a bit more, but I'm not in the mood today.

May we get some critical thinking around here? basta, lim.

0 comments:

Blog Archive