30.1.05
It's wonderful to hear Zeyad's words. I cannot agree with him more. If turnout is what he feels it is, then I too will be surprised and happy...I guess. Lets wait and see more about the real figures and not rely on a "word-of-mouth estimate". I hope we get real figures, though. I'm very skeptical and I am just really confused at the moment. Can you tell? I'm going to absorb some TV now.

BYE! Liminal

The turnout in Iraq was really like nothing that I had expected. I was glued in front of tv for most of the day. My mother was in tears watching the scenes from all over the country. Iraqis had voted for peace and for a better future, despite the surrounding madness. I sincerely hope this small step would be the start of much bolder ones, and that the minority which insists on enslaving the majority of Iraqis would soon realise that all that they have accomplished till now is in vain.

0 comments:

Blog Archive