14:47 | Posted by liminal | Edit Post
'La Societé du Spectacle' or Society of the Spectacle or La sociedad del espectáculo or Kommentarer till skådespelssamhället or A Sociedade do EspectÁculo -1967
this for starters...
Basically, the treaty for the Situationist International. I'll explain them a bit later for unfamiliar readers.
A Situationist Bibliography
Of course, more on the Situationists and Debord later. Here's a website for reference
Comments of the Society of the Spectacle - Debord, April 88
Pre-Situationist: Manifesto of the Dutch Experimental Group - Constant 48 (english), Forms Conceived as Language - Jorn 49, Our Own Desires Build the Revolution -Constant 49
Most Honorable Mention: Alan Lightman esp., Einstein's Dreams I read it first in 1993. It was a gift from somebody close to me. Reading it was like being a masochist and being slapped,kicked,smacked and enjoying it. I wish I could find an online edition of it. But I don't think it's there. Click the link above to get an idea about the book. Everything comes short of experiencing it in full. But here's the beginning of the prologue.
"In some distant arcade, a clock tower calls out six times and then stops. The young man slumps at his desk. He has come to the office at dawn, after another upheaval. His hair is uncombed and his trousers are too big. In his hand he holds twenty crumpled pages, his new theory of time, which he will mail today to the German journal of physics.
Tiny sounds from the city drift through the room. A milk bottle clinks on a stone. An awning is cranked in a shop on Marktgasse. A vegetable cart moves slowly through a street. A man and woman talk in hushed tones in an apartment nearby.
In the dim light that seeps through the room, the desks appear shadowy and soft, like large sleeping animals. Except for the young man's desk, which is cluttered with half-opened books, the twelve oak desks are all neatly covered with documents, left from the previous day. Upon arriving in two hours, each clerk will know precisely where to begin. But at this moment, in this dim light, the documents on the desks are no more visible than the clock in the corner or the secretary's stool near the door. All that can be seen at this moment are the shadowy shapes of the desks and the hunched form of the young man."
Read the book! and read this essay of Einstein's "The world as I see it"
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (509)
- Something for your earhole
- Sums it up. 2-3 month reprieve? Or just another ...
- LOVE PEOPLE NOT PLACES!!! ...
- ART/MUSIC LINK O' DAH DAY!!!
- IRAQIS WILL DECIDE WHO IS ELECTED PRESIDENT IN THE...
- So that's why they want to have a "lunar space sta...
- Gonna pull a Donnie Darko on what people call "the...
- Between Iraq and a Hard Place - Channel 4 News Co...
- If there's one thing to over react to, it's the la...
- ALERT: A Television COUP D'ETAT...THIS IS A PUBLIC...
- What might be obvious to some Iraqis especially......
- I lost it when I saw these videos. Another great ...
- on Giorgio Agamben's protest (francais)...somewhat...
- Thank you for support to those of you who emailed ...
- la musica
- welcome to my personal life
- Learn link of the day!
- UPDATED: America sets its sights on a new Public E...
- The Observer observed much this past Sunday...
- our desires must build and create, instead of dest...
- Author of the day: Guy Debord
- "I don't remember the statement being made, to be ...
- Civil War
- In the cockpit of the B1 that bombed Al Mansur...
- Why Lacan is important...
- Author of the day: St. Augustine
- Art Links of the day: A dedication to the moving i...
- Hold Bush to His Lie - Naomi Klein
- It is impossible to prove a negative.
- Music is like breathing.
- Why is the sky blue?
- Professor Cole's Words
- Ask WHY.
- ▼ February (36)
- Korea Life Blog
- Academic Secret
- African Food Blog
- Genius Duck
- Second String Swap
- Work at Home News
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Chiefly Musing Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Health Talk and You
- Saints Car Club
- Moon Rider
- Super Pong
- Jeffrey Scott Band
- Fusion Recipes
- Oregon Lawyers
- Rent Empress
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fan Club
- Hurdler Page
- Johnny Bravo Site
- Survey Land
- Internet Data
- Film Acting
- Golden Girls Quotes
- Soda Traders
- The Chess Haven
- Integrity Library
- A&F Models
- Dancer's Domain
- Myanmar Institute of Technology
- Pilgrim's Products
- Redhead Hair Site
- Olympics Page