07:45 | Posted by liminal | Edit Post
Take a chance and try my fare!
It will grow on you, I swear;
Soon it will taste good to you!
If by then you should want more,
All the things I've done before
Will inspire things quite new.
2. My Happiness
Since I grew tired of the chase
And search, I learned to find;
And since the wind blows in my face,
I sail with every wind.
more of these later...
Consciousness.— Consciousness is the last and latest development of the organic and hence also what is most unfinished and unstrong. Consciousness gives rise to countless errors that lead an animal or man to perish sooner than necessary, "exceeding destiny," as Homer puts it. If the conserving association of the instincts were not so very much more powerful, and if it did not serve on the whole as a regulator, humanity would have to perish of its misjudgments and its fantasies with open eyes, of its lack of thoroughness and its credulity—in short, of its consciousness; rather, without the former, humanity would long have disappeared! Before a function is fully developed and mature it constitutes a danger for the organism, and it is good if during the interval it is subjected to some tyranny! Thus consciousness is tyrannized—not least by our pride in it! One thinks that it constitutes the kernel of man; what is abiding, eternal, ultimate, and most original in him! One takes consciousness for a determinate magnitude! One denies it growth and its intermittences! One takes it for the "unity of the organism"!— This ridiculous overestimation and misunderstanding of consciousness has the very useful consequence that it prevents an all too fast development of consciousness. Believing that they possess consciousness, men have not exerted themselves very much to acquire it—and things haven't changed much in this respect! To this day the task of incorporating knowledge and making it instinctive is only beginning to dawn on the human eye and is not yet clearly discernible—a task that is seen only by those who have comprehended that so far we have incorporated only our errors and that all our consciousness relates to errors!
- ► 2006 (52)
- ► 2005 (509)
- The Distractions End Right Now
- Part of the Patriot Act Shot Down ....? A discuss...
- It's about time ya Yawer!
- Slam Bush . NEt
- Al Lorentz getting 20 years in Jail for writing an...
- Is this for "Security Moms" or is Bush coming ont...
- The Article that Angered me Most this past week
- What a news...
- MoveOn ad about Rumsfeld taking accountability for...
- Two Faces of Bush
- Some History for the Soul
- Electoral College Votes: Kerry, 217 vs. Bush, 311
- For the record: Deputy Sec. of State Richard Armit...
- Bruce "the biatch" Lehman on Kerry's Technology Te...
- 'Escape from Iraq'
- On the Beeb ya Habaybay
- Allawi's speech to congress: Liar Liar Pants on F...
- Lessig on Outfoxed 'Remixed'
- 60 trucks of Syrian troops leave Libnaaaaan, ya ba...
- My lucky day?
- Jello Biafra on Fear and Loathing in Iraq
- Update on Un Ponte Per Baghdad Kidnapping 2
- The death of intimacy
- Ayatollah Al-Sistani Dost Speaketh
- The world desparately needs more female leaders
- The UN speeches & Bush caught in a lie by ABC
- A Department of Homeland Security success: Cuttin...
- The most satisfying word to type: Antonioni
- Mr. President, when did Iraq become a democracy?
- This is what Iraq has to go through to reach democ...
- Robert Novak: "Quick exit from Iraq likely"
- McCain, the Idiot on Iraq
- Do you feel a draft in here?
- Kant on Pure Reason and Plato on Sunday
- Nietzsche on consciousness
- Not Pulling Any Punches: Colin Powell said so...Ye...
- 'The List: How Chalabi Played the Press', CJR
- Senate Hearing on U.S. Assistance to Iraq
- "Who stands to benefit from an attack on this anti...
- Kofi's drinkin' Coffee
- Baghdad Burning
- Recreation Time
- some points of interest online amid the chaos in r...
- Seymour Hersh Steps to the Plate, Finally
- Exactly My Thoughts: Saluting Juan Cole
- Bernard Cohn - colonialism as a cultural project ...
- travel test
- GOP shoots for the middle to fool Americans, while...
- ▼ September (49)
- Korea Life Blog
- Academic Secret
- African Food Blog
- Genius Duck
- Second String Swap
- Work at Home News
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Chiefly Musing Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Health Talk and You
- Saints Car Club
- Moon Rider
- Super Pong
- Jeffrey Scott Band
- Fusion Recipes
- Oregon Lawyers
- Rent Empress
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fan Club
- Hurdler Page
- Johnny Bravo Site
- Survey Land
- Internet Data
- Film Acting
- Golden Girls Quotes
- Soda Traders
- The Chess Haven
- Integrity Library
- A&F Models
- Dancer's Domain
- Myanmar Institute of Technology
- Pilgrim's Products
- Redhead Hair Site
- Olympics Page