05:08 | Posted by liminal | Edit Post
So, I was seriously thinking about slowing down the blogging because of a number of new things going on in my life and some minor inconveniences with regard to blogspot. Instead, I'm going to add some new features. I was doing the podcast thing for a little while. What a kingdom of fun that was. I may pick that back up again when I get some new ideas. Unfortunately, I don't have my records or sound gear any where near me. So, while I find an alternative, I'm going to put some songs up for your enjoyment. Anyway, yada yada...
I was walking around in the rain today. It's hot outside. Really humid too. Listening to T Rex and Tears for Fears in my ears' phones. Lots of people...so many many people. Shocked. Ran some erands. Tried to imagine what my life will be like in even a few weeks. So much is new. I'm trying to manage my excitement, my nervousness. What will happen next?
Came home in the pouring rain. My clothes were soaked. I mean soaked. My new converses were too. Oh well, can't wear those pants tomorrow. They'll be too wet. Got dry and ate my dinner while I checked my email. Simplicity is kind to my outlook on things. But I must get out of the house and be alone in the anonymity of the metropolis. Staying inside is not an option. Rain or shine. Heat or humidity. There's a time and place for everything.
Started listening to music while I got some things in order. First Abdel Halim Hafez...bit'lemooni lehy...bit'lemooni lehy! Then Adult...lost love....contagious...yeaaaa.
That's what I'm talkin' bout. I saw Adult live my junior year of Uni. I was front and center and the place was packed. My my my...what a show. I went to school in a town filled with indie rock kids that didn't dance. At a concert they would pretty much fold their arms and nod their heads at the most. It was truly annoying. Maybe they thought dancing was for freaks, er I dunno. But certainly it was because they were lame as hell.
Anyhow, everybody danced that night. I was completely amazed. What the eff...incredible. Front to back. There wasn't a body in the house that wasn't shaking.
If you want to hear Lost Love or Contagious, you'll probably have to use iTunes. It's in the more efficient .m4a format. I'm not sure if there's another player that plays this format. (I use iTunes.) When I put up audio, it will stay for a week or two for your sampling purposes. Then I'll put different songs up as they become relevant to my mind's wandering. Here's a review or two for Adult's album Resuscitation where you'll find these tracks. Go buy it here. Check out Insound...it's one of the flyest labels out there.
Oh, also...somebody gave a speech. But there was nothing in it that was important. Complete Bullshit.
- ► 2006 (52)
- The Big Lie
- More Subterfuge
- Iraqi Voices: It is our duty to listen to them.
- Extraordinary Statement: Bush admits he made Iraq...
- Saudi Interior Minister Bitchslaps Rice Over Jaile...
- Your signal failed, but I know you're contagious.
- Karl E. Meyer: Forty Years in the Sand
- The Semi-Eternal "Last Throes"
- Beirut Publishes, Egypt Writes, Baghdad Reads
- T.E. Lawrence: Letter to the Sunday Times, 2 Augus...
- Hobsbawm: These jive-ass quasi-revolutionaires pun...
- His last throe
- Martian Sunrise
- Martian Sunset
- US & UK Bombing Raids Were Illegal, UK documents s...
- "We need to deprive these people of their ability ...
- Democratic Middle Eastern Union Votes to Invade U....
- BBC: Iraq rebuilding fails to deliver
- Why the British Press is So Much Better than its A...
- I got the latest Punk Planet in today and lookie w...
- Visions of Babylon Running Through My Head: Summer...
- Visions of Baghdad Running Through My Head: Summer...
- Water is good: If you have it. And if you can dr...
- Denial is your worst enemy.
- Iraqi justice minister, Abdel Hussein Shandal: US ...
- Saddam Loves Reagan
- Bolton blocked.
- Funkadelic (makes Rice pudding): If you don't lik...
- Tackling Another Major Challenge in Iraq: Unemploy...
- Turning the heat up; more memos from Downing Stree...
- You'll want to read this.
- Leaky, leaky, you're so sneaky: New US move to spo...
- What is a scopitone?
- Reality is in the details.
- Stop Torture
- The neocortex's microcircuitry
- Obligatory Downing Street Memo Post
- Baheyya: America's "Arab Democracy"
- Department of WTF
- Catapult the propaganda
- Where did the Dearlove go?
- On the internets
- I'm in Cairo, at the foot of a star studded, snow ...
- ▼ June (46)
- Korea Life Blog
- Academic Secret
- African Food Blog
- Genius Duck
- Second String Swap
- Work at Home News
- Just Another Opinion Blog
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Chiefly Musing Home Tips
- Health Talk and You
- Hairstyles and Nails
- Health Talk and You
- Saints Car Club
- Moon Rider
- Super Pong
- Jeffrey Scott Band
- Fusion Recipes
- Oregon Lawyers
- Rent Empress
- Jake Gyllenhaal Fan Club
- Hurdler Page
- Johnny Bravo Site
- Survey Land
- Internet Data
- Film Acting
- Golden Girls Quotes
- Soda Traders
- The Chess Haven
- Integrity Library
- A&F Models
- Dancer's Domain
- Myanmar Institute of Technology
- Pilgrim's Products
- Redhead Hair Site
- Olympics Page